Instagram influencers are regular Instagram users but with a unique ability to influence others, well-established credibility, and a considerably large audience. From a marketing perspective, an influencer is defined as a person with the power to influence potential buyers of a product or service. An Instagram influencer usually has a large number of followers and high engagement rates.
They can persuade others to buy something because of their authenticity and trustworthiness. Their presence on various social media networks creates an impact on a market. An increasing number of companies develop relationships with Instagram influencers to expand their reach on the platform.
There are a number of factors that determine how much an Instagram influencer makes. They can earn anywhere from a few dollars to a million dollars per post.
The amount you make depends on a few factors:
- Number of followers
- Engagement rates
- Affiliate marketing tactics
The good news? There is room for any size account to make money on Instagram. There are generally five tiers of influencer marketing, broken down by follower count.
- Nano-influencer:1,000–10,000 followers ($10–$100 per post)
- Micro-influencer:10,000–50,000 followers ($100–$500 per post)
- Mid-tier influencer:50,000–500,000 followers ($500–$5,000 per post)
- Macro-influencer:500,000–1 million followers ($5,000–$10,000 per post)
- Mega-influencer:1 million+ followers ($10,000–$1 million+ per post)
If you don’t have a lot of followers, don’t get discouraged. Earning your followers’ trust and engaging with them will help your account grow. More than the number of followers, brands look for influencers to work with that have an active following.
So even if you only have 1,000 followers, you can still make some real money. To give you a little inspiration, here are some examples of the top non-celebrity influencers who have made the most of Instagram with their accounts:
- Lele Pons: 46 million followers
- Charli D’Amelio: 44.4 million followers
- Addison Rae: 40.1 million followers
- Sommer Ray: 26.8 million followers